January is bringing you a ton of events you'll want to add to your calendar. Come on now, #VisitIrving and have some fun.
Irving Art Center brings you Rock N Roll Heaven: Kraig Parker and Al Nelson @ 7:30 p.m. Come for a fun evening of the Award Winning Kraig Parkers tribute to the king of rock and roll Elvis Presley. Also Al Nelson tribute to Roy Orbison. A great duo of artists putting on a dynamic performance.
- Come and Celebrate the Year of the Rat at the Irving Arts Center. This year the Arts Center will have paper crafts available to make and take home from 1 p.m to 4 p.m. for a guided tour of the Irving ArtsCenter.
- It is wedding season so get a head start on planning at the Irving Convention for the Las Colinas Bridal Show. See over 100 wedding vendors that will help with planning. Also, there will be a bridal fashion show, giveaways and more.
- I Have A Dream second Sunday at the Irving Art Center. This Sunday come and celebrate the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. with artwork inspired from is triumph and spirit for freedom.
- SEVENTEEN or SVT, is a South Korean boy group Combining dance-pop, R&B, and even some dubstep and hip-hop, Seventeen is split into three subunits. Check out their unique show at The Pavilion, the show starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Head to Nosh and Bottle for Burgers, Brews, and Basketball featuring Chuck Cooperstein, the radio voice of the Dallas Mavericks and ESPN talk show host! Chuck will answer your questions about the Mavericks, Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, or even your favorite college team. For $25, choose between a bacon cheeseburger, classic hamburger or classic cheeseburger served with all the fixings & fries PLUS a beer flight from Wild Acre.
- Calling all gymnasts from around the DFW metroplex. Come to Irving Convention Center and see the best of the best gymnasts compete to be named Texas Prime and to even compete for the Nastia Cup. This will be a fun event spread out over three days with amazing talents and family fun. Get your tickets now.
- Cicely Parnas, Cello Presented by Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra at the Irving Art Center will be one special night. The music selection will be familiar from pieces like Bartok's Divertimento and more.
- Dream of Peace Collaborative Art: Join the South Irving Library staff and the community to create art from all types of mediums to make unforgettable art installations inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Make sure you come back in February to see the final art collaborative displayed in Library Kid Zone.
- Celebrate with the NAACP for the free annual spaghetti luncheon at Georgia Farrow Recreation Center from 11 a.m to 1 p.m.
- Calling all spicy food enthusiasts for a 3-day spicy Zest Fest at the Irving Convention Center. This convention is bigger and better each year bringing the best vendors, food demos, celebrity chefs, live music and more. Come and learn more about new spicy food products hitting the market. This is the hottest event in town this weekend and you don’t want to miss out on the fun. Get your tickets NOW, it will be the hottest tickets in town.
- Pride and Prejudice presented by the Main Stage will be at the Irving Art Center. This adaptation of a classic novel of Jane Austen’s novel. If you are a fan of Pride and Prejudice, this is where you will want to be. Because this new modern take on this novel will bring more theatrical and full of suspense at every turn, watch out for Mr. Darcy.
- Take a stroll at night on the Campion Trail this Friday from 7-9 p.m. You will get a chance to explore the trails at night with a guided instructor and learn more about animals and plants that thrive when the sun goes down. This activity is geared for 5 and above, scout troops are encouraged as well. Registration is required and location will be disclosed after registration.
- Want to get fit for 2020, head to Poses on the Plaza each Saturday from 9-10 a.m. on the Texas Lottery Plaza. This is a donation-based class.
January 31-February 1
- My Hero Convention: Texas Smash is bringing all the anime, manga and also fans of pop culture and animation for a three-day event at the Irving Convention Center. This convention is geared to bring a diverse group of vendors and artists to share their love of animation. This family-friendly event is open to everyone to enjoy. Get your tickets now.