Add these fun events to your Holiday bucket list.
Kick-off the holiday season with a parade of lights in downtown Irving’s Heritage District. The City of Irving welcomes the holiday season with the Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting, beginning at 5 p.m. December 7. This year the parade will have a lit-up procession of floats going through the historic Heritage District in downtown Irving. Don’t leave early because immediately following the parade is the tree lighting ceremony and fireworks show outside City Hall, 825 W. Irving Blvd.
The Centennial Lights in Downtown Irving will run from December 7-25. The park is lit up for the holidays. The free light display affords a leisurely stroll through one of the jewels of Irving’s Heritage District. The park is decorated with 60,000 lights on fences, trees, and bridges, and walkways are lighted on each side to keep pathways visible for visitors after dark. This really is one of the best ways to walk through a park with gorgeous lights on display. The park is located at 444 W 2nd St, Irving, TX 75060.
3. The Pavilion Holiday-Inspired Shows
- Charlie Brown Christmas - December 11, You'll love the iconic performance of the Charlie Brown Christmas live on stage. You can expect the see Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus, and the whole peanut gang as they find out what the meaning of Christmas means to them. Get your tickets for a family-friendly event that everyone can enjoy. Doors open at 6 PM and the show starts at 7 PM.
Chevy Chase - December 14, Light up your holidays with Chevy Chase live on stage at The Pavillion. A bonus will be an audience Q & A following a 30th-anniversary screening of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. After the showing of the holiday classic on the big screen, the celebration will continue with actor Chevy Chase (Clark Griswold) sharing stories from his career and the making of his classic movies and legendary television programs.
Mannheim Steamroller - December 29. This show is the best the holiday has to offer this season at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory. This year marks the 34th Anniversary of the Christmas Tour and release of Mannheim Steamroller Christmas, an album that revolutionized the Holiday Season music category. Grammy Award® winner Chip Davis will direct and co-produce Tour performances with MagicSpace Entertainment. The show features classic Christmas hits as well as a selection of Fresh Aire compositions from Mannheim Steamroller, along with dazzling multimedia effects in an intimate setting. In addition to being a holiday tradition for many families, the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Tour regularly attracts repeat attendance from multi-generational guests and is one of the longest running tours in the music industry.
4. Four Seasons Holiday Fun
- December 7, 14 and 21 - The character superstars of the season join Four Seasons Dallas for breakfast, balloon, holiday crafts, and balloon artists each Saturday in December leading up to Christmas. Kids, bring your Christmas wish lists, or write a letter in the hotel lobby to let Santa know if you’ve been naughty or nice! Check out this lineup...12/7 – Santa and Mrs. Claus, 12/14 – Buddy the Elfie and 12/21 – Ice Princess
- December 6, 13, 20 and 27 - Fireside Movies at the Four Seasons has an amazing lineup coming your way this December. The movies start at 7 PM, 12/6 - National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, 12/13 – Elf, 12/20 – White Christmas and 12/27 – The Great Gatsby.
- December 24 - RSVP to Christmas Eve Dinner at the Four Seasons from 5-9 PM. Enjoy an a la carte Christmas Eve dinner menu with festive enhancements at the Law restaurant.
- December 25 - Celebrate Santa's arrival and join us for a festive brunch buffet with all your favorites including a child-friendly buffet with kid favorites, along with holiday crafts and a balloon artist. Adults can delight in our delicious coffee and mimosa bars at LAW at the Four Seasons. It's $95 for adults and $45 Children (ages 12 and under). Buffet is open from 10 AM - 6 PM.
5. Irving Arts Center Holiday Experiences
- December 7, 14 and 21 - Santa Saturdays with Holiday Cards and Crafts coming your way each week. Don't get caught waiting in long lines at the mall for Santa! Take selfies and family pictures with Santa, create holiday cards and fun crafts, and enjoy holiday decorations throughout Irving Arts Center. Look out for the holiday trees too. The fun will happen from 2-4 PM at the Irving Arts Center.
- December 7 - The Ballet Ensemble of Texas presents its enchanting, annual production of “The Nutcracker” at the Irving Arts Center. The BET is a local assembly of well-trained dancers that have traveled the world to bring a wonderful show to Irving. Dress your best for a night of The Nutcracker.
- December 12 - 14 - Have Yourself a Broadway Little Christmas at the Irving Arts Center brings together your favorite holiday songs made famous through Broadway shows and movie musicals. Get ready to be swept away by hits from Irving Berlin’s "White Christmas," "Mame," "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "Songs for A New World," "Holiday Inn," Broadway’s "Elf" and many more! The evening will conclude with a holiday sing-along as well as auction and raffle opportunities. Hosting the event will be local cabaret luminary Amy Stevenson and champion of Irving's art scene Craig Boleman with MainStage veterans Preston Isham, Caitlin Jones, and Samantha Padilla. Mudibu Rita Nsumbu, Josh Leblo, and Caitlin Leblo will make their MainStage debut. Clint Blanco returns on piano.
- December 13 - Holiday in Sound featuring the Dallas Brass Band and The Irving Symphonic Band at the Irving Arts Center at 7:30 pm. The Irving Symphonic Band marches into the holidays with the sounds of the season featuring the Dallas Brass Band!
- December 14 - HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS, PRESENTED BY THE IRVING SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA. At The Irving Art Center, the Irving Symphony Orchestra will have a holiday performance with special guest Haley Sicking, with special the Irving Chorale. The show begins at 7:30 p.m