Have we got a weekend full of great events for you! Offering both big-city excitement and small town lifestyles, Irving, TX dishes up an interesting mix of both cosmopolitan and country, luxury and family fun, national and local, with all things in between. Take a look at these suggested events below and try something you've never done before, or tasted before. Just get out there and have some fun. As always, there's never enough room to fit it all, so be sure to visit our website at www.irvingtexas.com for more area events.
Park Place Luxury & Supercar Showcase
WHERE: Four Seasons Resort and Club
WHEN: Sat, Oct 13 @ 10 am - 4 pm
COST: $50 General Admission; $100 VIP; $25 Showfield Access Only
Imagine the car of your dreams sitting on rolling hills outside of a luxury resort and spa. You no longer need to imagine because this event is coming to Irving on Saturday. It will feature some of the world's most exciting luxury and high-performance vehicles, the Collectors' Concours Invitational Car Show, the Car Club Showcase, a stunning fashion display by Highland Park Village, presentations/meet and greets with industry experts, sensational live entertainment, and a Kid's Zone. Not to mention, it benefits a great cause - The Momentous Institute. LEARN MORE
IRVING CONCERT SERIES
WHERE: ** NEW LOCATION ** Irving Heritage Senior Center, 200 S. Jefferson 75060
WHEN: Fri, Oct 12 @ 7 - 8:45 pm
Due to the forecast for evening rain, the Oct. 12 concert with The Vinyl Stripes will be moved indoors to the ballroom of the Heritage Senior Center, 200 S. Jefferson. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the show begins at 7 p.m. Seating is provided. Attendees are permitted to bring outside food and drink as well. No alcohol, glass containers, smoking or pets are permitted inside the building. LEARN MORE
LOS TEMERARIOS Y BARUCH
DONDE/WHERE: The Pavilion a Toyota Music Factory
CUANDO/WHEN: Viernes, 12 Oct @ 8 pm
COSTO/COST: $49 - $109+
Tres décadas prácticamente su vida dedicada a la música: su vocación vivida a plenitud reflejada en exitosos años de carrera profesional, la propuesta de Los Temerarios se caracteriza por ser versátil e innovadora, desde su inconfundible balada, sus ritmos y original interpretación de la música mexicana, hasta el resultado de una notable evolución musical alcanzada en su ahora corte internacional con un nivel musical de calidad mundial. APRENDE MAS
Dedicating three decades to music, Los Temerarios is versatile and innovating, from their unmistakable ballad, their rhythms and original interpretation of Mexican music. Achieving international success with their world-class music, they are a remarkable musical evolution. LEARN MORE
THE MAMBO KINGS - A LATIN JAZZ TOUR
WHERE: Irving Arts Center
WHEN: Sat, Oct 13 @ 7:30 pm
COST: $30.70 - $49
This is the opening concert of the Irving Symphony Orchestra's 2018-2019 season, and you're in for a real treat. This Jazz ensemble has earned a national reputation for their own blend of Afro-Cuban rhythms and jazz improvisation. They've toured around the country and throughout the Americas, and now they're here for an evening of sizzling jazz music from Latin America. LEARN MORE
- Texas Lottery Live is featuring DJ Mark Cutz on Friday, October 12 at 6:30 - 8 pm and 10:30 - 11:30 pm. Free.
- Texas Lottery Live will feature Josh Lee on Saturday, October 13 from 8 - 11 pm. Free.
- The Irving Convention Center hosts a Joyful Noise Gospel Concert on Sunday, October 14 from 4 - 8 pm. $32.74 - $42.99
- Irving Arts Center will host the New Philharmonic Orchestra of Irving's Arabian Nights on Sunday, October 14 beginning at 3:30 pm. $10 - $20
- The circus is in town! Circo Espana is at the Irving Mall and is open every day except for Tuesdays. This weekend, they start at 7:30 pm on Friday, 5:30 & 7:30 pm on Saturday, and 2:30, 5:30 & 7:30 pm on Sunday. $5 - $30.
- Have fun with LEGOs at LEGO My Library at the South location on Friday, October 12 from 4 - 5 pm. Free.
- Need pansies and other plants for your fall garden? Stop by the Nimitz Plant Sale at Nimitz High School, 100 W. Oakdale Road 75060 on Friday, 2:45 - 5 pm, and Saturday, 8 am - 1 pm.
- Learn how to design gardens for butterflies and pollinators at Canyon Crest Park, 6 Santa Fe Trail 75063 on Saturday, October 13, from 9:30 - 10:30 am. The class is free, but registration is required.
- The 3rd annual IHCC Hot Sauce Festival is being held at the Irving Mall on Saturday, October 13 from 12 noon - 5 pm. Free.
- Stop by the Las Colinas Farmers Market located near Lamberti's Ristorante and Wine Bar, 7701 N. MacArthur Blvd. 75063. The market is bigger and better than ever with a wide variety of vendors. It's open every Saturday from 9 am - 1 pm. Free admission.
- Do you need grooming services for your pooch? Drop by the Nimitz Pet Care Day at Nimitz High School, 100 W. Oakdale Road 75060 on Saturday, October 13 from 10 am - 12 pm and get your dog groomed for free.
- Bring your 6 - 10 year old to the Irving Arts Center for a lesson in creative writing and story telling with pictures and words. Saturday, October 13 from 2 - 4 pm. Classes are $75 per session.
- The Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 2901 N. O'Connor Road 75062 holds their Second Saturday Market each month on, you guessed it, the second Saturday of the month, which is this weekend from 9 am - 3 pm. Free Admission.
- Bring your toddler to Sky Zone Trampoline Park for Toddler Time on Saturday, October 13 from 10 - 11:30 am. $8+
- Enjoy an afternoon learning about Unexpected Texas Historic Cemeteries and Bucket List Day Trips with travel blogger Tui Snider at the South Library on Saturday, October 13 from 2 - 3 pm. Free.
- The Irving Art Association is celebrating the Fall season with a festival and an art exhibit on Sunday, October 14 at the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts from 1 - 4:30 pm. Free.
Plus there's so much more. Just stop by our website at www.irvingtexas.com and see what Irving has to offer.