As the weather warms up with spring officially here, there seems to be a little extra heat to the lineup of live music this month in April. From true-blue Texas country to up-and-coming electronic acts, there’s something for everyone and in every part of Irving!
Sunday, April 1 – Monday, April 2
- The Grand Opening of Big Beat Dallas continues its four-day spree into April. On Sunday, stop by any time after 5 p.m. to join the party at this brand-new venue featuring seven stages. On Monday, the main act is Parker McCollum for a free live performance.
Friday, April 6
- Take a walk down memory lane with Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory. The tribute band and theatrical production takes on The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album and presents it in its entirety.
- For a night on the town where you can take in dinner, shopping, and entertainment in one swoop, don’t miss the Heritage District’s First Friday Date Night. The once-a-month event encompasses a slew of businesses in the Irving Heritage District and includes live music at the Texas Musicians Museum.
Saturday, April 7
- Breakaway Music Festival is making its way through only a handful of select cities and Irving is included. Featuring Lil Dicky, Rich the Kid, Whethan, YFN Lucci, and Justin Caruso, the multi-genre festival will bring rap, dance, hip hop, and electronic sounds to The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
- With a mix of high-energy blues and rock, Texas locals Jason Elmore & Hoodoo Witch will take the stage of the Texas Musicians Museum.
Sunday, April 8
- The New Philharmonic Orchestra of Irving continues its Sundays at the Symphony series with Love Letters from Argentina, Mexico and Brazil at the Irving Arts Center.
Friday, April 13
- Grammy award winner and Grand Ole Opry Hall of Fame inductee, Brad Paisley plays The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory for the Irving stop of his Weekend Warrior World Tour. Opening acts include Dustin Lynch, Chase Bryant, and Lindsay Ell.
Saturday, April 14
- Your favorite R&B acts of the ‘90s and ‘00s will be under one roof for Smooth R&B 105.7 Presents Keith Sweat ft. SWV, Tank, Stokley & Vivian Green at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
- Country Western singer and pianist Ronnie Milsap brings his decades-long catalog of music to Southern Junction Live.
Friday, April 20 – Sunday, April 22
In celebration of Earth Day, Big Beats Dallas will do its part for the environment with the three-day Help Us Recycle: Drink More Beer event. Headliners include Neon Indian, Chali 2na, Naughty Professor, and Nikki Lane.
Saturday, April 21
- Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra presents Mahler’s “Titan” Symphony at the Irving Arts Center. The orchestra includes 93 professional musicians and their performance is sure to take you on a musical journey.
- Swan Song, Texas’ longest running Led Zeppelin tribute band, will showcase what gives them staying power as they perform at the Texas Musicians Museum.
- Get your musica en español on with Pandora and Yuri’s Juntitas Tour at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
Wednesday, April 25
- With over two decades of music under their belt now, Queens of the Stone Age will rock the stage of The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
Friday, April 27
- Feel-good artist Jack Johnson brings his guitar and smooth vocals to The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory for what will surely be one giant sing-along of hits.
Saturday, April 28
- Prepare to laugh with Los Tres Tristes Tigres and their unique blend of Spanish music parodies and comedy.
Live music seekers can also catch the many recurring acts happening on a regular basis.
- The Irving Concert Series presents free live music every Friday night, 7-8:45 p.m., at the Whistlestop Plaza. The theme for April is Vintage Vibes.
- Stop by the OUTLAW Taproom at the Four Seasons for live music every Thursday and Saturday, 6-9 p.m.
- Grab a slice and enjoy live music with your meal at New York Pizza and Pasta, every Thursday at 6 p.m.
- Experience a blast from the past at Southern Junction’s Throwback Thursday featuring a different tribute band every week at 10 p.m. Covers of Whitesnake, Mötley Crüe, and Van Halen are on tap for April.
- The live music goes all week at Big Beat Dallas with a FREE Concert Series on Mondays at 8 p.m., Tuesday nights dedicated to country music, a weekend festival spotlight, and music on five stages with no cover every Sunday.