Summer is now in full swing—the kids are out of school and the mercury is rising. We’ve compiled a list of some of the notable things to do in Irving this July, from celebrating the Fourth of July to enjoying theater, arts, and music all month long.
Independence Day Celebrations in Irving
- July 2: Get your Independence Day celebrations started early with a special Patriotic Salute Concert from the award-winning 36th Infantry Division Band on the east lawn of Irving City Hall. The event is free and kicks off at 7 p.m.
- July 4:
- Start your July 4th in Irving right with the Independence Day Parade and Reception in the Irving Heritage District. The parade is followed by a reception at Heritage Park, where you can delight in live music and free children's activities. The event goes from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- You won’t want to miss Irving’s Independence Day party and fireworks show over Lake Carolyn. This evening festival is perfect for the whole family. Get there early for free kids’ activities and live music performances. Festivities begin at 6 p.m. and the fireworks show starts at 9:30 p.m.
More Things To Do in Irving, July 1 - 7
- July 7: Swing by the weekly Four Seasons Market at the Irving Arts Center, a European-style market where local ranchers, farmers, and artisans share their products in a relaxed, family-friendly setting.
July 8 - 14
- July 10: For savory burgers and specialty cocktails, head over to Bar Louie in the Toyota Music Factory for $5 Burger Night.
- July 14:
- The OUTLAW Taproom at the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Las Colinas is known for its cozy atmosphere and live music. This weekly series is an excellent way to catch local acts while sipping cold drinks on the patio.
- For a cool night of classic soul and R&B, head over to the Avocado Restaurant & Lounge in Las Colinas for its I Know You Got Soul Party. Things get going at 9 p.m.
July 15 - 21
- July 15: Take a break from the summer sun by ducking into the Irving Arts Center for a free guided tour of current exhibits, including artwork of the famed Route 66.
- July 16: Flex your knowledge at Pub Trivia Night at the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Las Colinas. Savor half-price wine and compete to win special prizes at this monthly event.
- July 17: Live music this week includes some perennial favorites from the ‘90s. 3 Doors Down and Collective Soul play together at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory.
July 22 - 31
- July 22: Comic book lovers will relish the North Texas Comic Book Show taking place at the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas. The event includes thousands of comic books, comic creators from all over the country, and a cosplay contest with cash prizes.
- July 23: Catch some of the best local and regional musicians at the Texas Local Live series held at The Ranch in Las Colinas.
- July 27 - 29: If you love games, the Let’s Play Gaming Expo is the perfect event for you. Whether its board, card, or video games, this one-of-a-kind expo has it all, including interactive booths, game tournaments, and more. Free for kids under 7.
Explore all of our event listings to find more things to do in Irving in July!