It’s hard to believe that November is already here! Use the following list as a guide to all the best things to do in Irving this November.
November 1 - 3
Thursday, November 1
- Whether you want to drop in for lunch or wait until you’re finished with work for the day, be sure to take advantage of Thirsty Thursday at Cool River Cafe, one of Irving’s go-to hot spots. Drink specials—like $5 draft beer and $5 wine by the glass—last all day long. Come unwind at this refined yet relaxed Las Colinas establishment.
Saturday, November 3
- Don’t miss your chance to catch the Broadway hit, “Kiss Me, Kate,” Cole Porter’s Tony Award-winning retelling of Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew,” at the Irving Arts Center. A comedic musical-within-a-musical, the play depicts an ex-husband and wife cast in “The Taming of the Shrew” where it becomes clear there is still a flame between them.
- Celebrate Veterans Day by attending the Irving Symphony Orchestra’s A Tribute to Veterans with Music from the Movies at the Irving Arts Center. This special concert will showcase music from some of Hollywood’s classics including “Star Wars, “The Magnificent Seven,” “Silverado,” “The Patriot,” “Star Trek,” and more. Sit back and appreciate an evening honoring America’s heroes.
November 4 - 10
Thursday, November 8
- Hungry? Dig into the most affordable—and scrumptious—enchiladas you can find. On Enchilada Thursdays at El Famoso, from 5 p.m. to close, you can relish the restaurant’s savory Ranchera Cheese Enchilada Plate for just $6. Visit El Famoso for more details.
- The Heritage Senior Center is hosting its annual Heritage Craft Sale starting Thursday, 11/8, and going through Saturday, 11/10. Come shop for wonderful handmade gifts perfect for the upcoming holiday season. Admission is free and the event is open to the public.
Saturday, November 10
- Bring the whole family down to the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas for the Healthy Living Expo. The free event will feature vendors and exhibitors dedicated to helping you discover healthy alternatives. Come to learn more about nutrition, fitness, and preventative medicine; and take part in health screenings, workshops, and live demos. There will also be crafts and activities for little ones.
November 11 - 17
Thursday, November 15
- Gentlemen, plan to get together with your buds for Mens Night Out at the Four Seasons Resort and Club. With exclusive access to the Players Lounge, top-notch service, drink specials, cards, games, you’ll feel like a real VIP.
Saturday, November 17
- With Thanksgiving just around the corner, visit the Las Colinas Farmers Market to load up on fresh, local produce, artisanal baked goods, and local crafts to fill your holiday table. Make your dishes pop with organic greens and veggies and enjoy a stroll around this European-style farmers’ market.
November 18 - 24
Wednesday, November 21
- Is it your turn to host Thanksgiving this year? Up your wine game by attending Wine Pairing Wednesdays at Nosh & Bottle Market. Here you can learn about excellent wine pairings for various meats and cheeses. Take a few bottles home just in time for the holiday and really impress your guests.
Saturday, November 24
- Football fans will love the Saturday and Sunday brunch at Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill. Complete with NFL Sunday Ticket, Thirsty Lion opens up early on weekends to take advantage of game day. Tuck into a delicious brunch menu and sip on generous drink specials: $5 Mimosas, $5 Bloody Mary's, $4 Coors Light, and $5 Blue Moon.
- Comic Con fans unite: Dallas Fantasy Fair is coming to the Irving Convention Center. This action-packed, star-studded event has everything you could want in a fantasy gathering. The event goes through Sunday, 11/25.
November 25 - 30
Monday, November 26
- Yard House is the place to be for Monday Night Football. From kickoff until the end of the game, bask in a happy hour boasting half-priced apps and pizzas and $2 off beer, wine, spirits, and cocktails.