A slew of Holiday events await you in Irving, Texas!
Kickoff the festive season with our Four Seasons Christkindlmarket featuring yummy nostalgic favorites like donuts, gingerbread cookies and waffles-on-a-stick with a Texas twist for sale, courtesy of Executive Chef Christof Syré. Visits and photos with Santa and his reindeer, an Elf balloon artist, the Christmas monkey, trackless train, as well as live holiday music and face painter will be available for all. A complimentary build-your-own hot chocolate bar will be available. The event is complimentary and open to the public. Join the fun at OUTLAW Taproom Patio from 6-8 p.m.
Families are invited to watch Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) and indulge in holiday treats. Meet at the Valley Ranch Library Meeting Room and enjoy Winterfest: Wednesday Night Live and The Grinch from 7 PM - 7:45 PM
- JumpstART Stories and Art: Deck The Halls, Art of The Holidays from 10-11 AM is happening at the Irving Arts Center. Come and explore new stories and fun art projects on the first Thursday of each month at the Irving Art Center for a creative storytime, that combines art and children’s stories. See the December edition, families are invited to Deck the Halls ... and walls! Enjoy storytime followed by a craft project. Take a stroll around the gallery after your activity.
- The free holiday open house will have complimentary refreshments, yummy holiday cookies, decorated trees, and art at the Irving Arts Center. Activities for the family will include a picture with Santa, fun rides on the Polar Express Train in the Sculpture Garden, a caricature artist, holiday art projects and greeting card stations. Look out for free performances also are offered during the open house including one by Artrageous! Artrageous features colorful live painting to rock and pop music inspired by the troupe’s vocalists, musicians, and dancers. This will be a fun night, it runs from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
- Fireside Friday Movies at the Four Seasons has an amazing lineup coming your way this December. The movies start at 7 PM, 12/6 - National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, 2/13 – Elf, 12/20 – White Christmas and 12/27 – The Great Gatsby.
- Santa Saturdays with Holiday Cards and Crafts coming your way each week. Don't get caught waiting in long lines at the mall for Santa! Take selfies and family pictures with Santa, create holiday cards and fun crafts, and enjoy holiday decorations throughout Irving Arts Center. Look out for the holiday trees too. The fun will happen from 2-4 PM at the Irving Arts Center.
The character superstars of the season join Four Seasons Dallas for breakfast, balloon, holiday crafts, and balloon artists each Saturday in December leading up to Christmas. Kids, bring your Christmas wish lists, or write a letter in the hotel lobby to let Santa know if you’ve been naughty or nice! Check out this lineup...12/7 – Santa and Mrs. Claus, 12/14 – Buddy the Elfie and 12/21 – Ice Princess
This Irving tradition is a must! Irving's Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting: Santa's Workshop in the North Pole. The City of Irving welcomes the holiday season with the Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting, beginning at 5 p.m. Dec. 7 in the Heritage District. New this year: lights! And we can't wait for this year's theme. This year the parade will have a lit-up procession of floats going through the historic Heritage District in downtown Irving. Don’t leave early because Immediately following the parade is the tree lighting ceremony and fireworks show outside City Hall, 825 W. Irving Blvd. This will become your family tradition.
- Ballet Ensemble of Texas presents its enchanting, annual production of “The Nutcracker” at the Irving Arts Center. The BET is a local assembly of well-trained dancers that have traveled the world to bring a wonderful show to Irving. Dress your best for a night of The Nutcracker.
Centennial Park Lights run from December 7-25. The park is lit up for the holidays. The free light display affords a leisurely stroll through one of the jewels of Irving’s Heritage District. The park is decorated with 60,000 lights on fences, trees, and bridges, and walkways are lighted on each side to keep pathways visible for visitors after dark.
Holiday in the Heritage, 6 PM - 8:30 PM at Heritage Senior Center. An all-ages wonder-filled evening of holiday entertainment by the Heritage Singers, Heritage Tappers, craft vendors, Gingerbread Housecraft workshop, carriage rides and visits with Santa! Registration required for the Gingerbread House workshop by Dec. 5.
- Irving Police and Fire Blue Christmas Food and Toy Drive Drop-Off 5 PM - 9 PM at Walmart. Irving Police and Fire staff will collect new, unwrapped toys and nonperishable food items. Each year, Irving Police and Fire Blue Christmas helps more than 400 families during the holidays, delivery presents and meals to less fortunate families in Irving. Learn about all upcoming Blue Christmas events.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas Live on Stage at The Pavillion. Come for the most iconic performance of the Charlie Brown Christmas live on stage. You can expect the see Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus, and the whole peanut gang as they find out what the meaning of Christmas means to them. Get your tickets for a family-friendly event that everyone can enjoy.
December 12 - 14
- Have Yourself a Broadway Little Christmas at the Irving Arts Center brings together your favorite holiday songs made famous through Broadway shows and movie musicals. Get ready to be swept away by hits from Irving Berlin’s "White Christmas," "Mame," "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," "Songs for A New World," "Holiday Inn," Broadway’s "Elf" and many more! The evening will conclude with a holiday sing-along as well as auction and raffle opportunities. Hosting the event will be local cabaret luminary Amy Stevenson and champion of Irving's art scene Craig Boleman with MainStage veterans Preston Isham, Caitlin Jones, and Samantha Padilla. Mudibu Rita Nsumbu, Josh Leblo, and Caitlin Leblo will make their MainStage debut. Clint Blanco returns on piano.
- Breakfast with Santa at Mustang Park Recreation Center from 10 AM-12 PM. Kids ages 10 and younger will enjoy a delicious breakfast, pictures with Santa, and holiday surprises! Participants must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Light up your holidays with Chevy Chase live on stage plus an audience Q & A following a 30th-anniversary screening of National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. After the showing of the holiday classic on the big screen, the celebration will continue with actor Chevy Chase (Clark Griswold) sharing stories from his career and the making of his classic movies and legendary television programs.
- Your family will love this Gingerbread House Making event at Cimarron Park Recreation Center, 7-9 PM. An inter-generational event for families to create a gingerbread house of their own. Admission is free, but advanced registration is required.
- RSVP to Christmas Eve Dinner at the Four Seasons from 5-9 PM. Enjoy an a la carte Christmas Eve dinner menu with festive enhancements at the Law restaurant.
- Celebrate Santa's arrival and join us for a festive brunch buffet with all your favorites including a child-friendly buffet with kid favorites, along with holiday crafts and a balloon artist. Adults can delight in our delicious coffee and mimosa bars at LAW at the Four Seasons. It's $95 for adults and $45 Children (ages 12 and under). Buffet is open from 10 AM - 6 PM.
Mannheim Steamroller will present the best the holiday has to offer this season at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory. This year marks the 34th Anniversary of the Christmas Tour and release of Mannheim Steamroller Christmas, an album that revolutionized the Holiday Season music category. Grammy Award® winner Chip Davis will direct and co-produce Tour performances with MagicSpace Entertainment. The show features classic Christmas hits as well as a selection of Fresh Aire compositions from Mannheim Steamroller, along with dazzling multimedia effects in an intimate setting. In addition to being a holiday tradition for many families, the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas Tour regularly attracts repeat attendance from multi-generational guests and is one of the longest running tours in the music industry.
- Ring in the New Year in Irving! Grab your reservation at the Four Seasons, fast! Early seating from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. with an a la carte menu available and late seating from 7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Enjoy a five-course pre-fixed menu. Beverage pairings are available at an additional cost. Guests will receive a complimentary glass of Perrier Jouët champagne, with dinner. Live acoustic entertainment will accompany dinner. End the night by toasting to the new year in OUTLAW Taproom with friends and loved ones.