One of our favorite things we love about Irving, Texas is its hometown feel. Sure there are hundreds of great places to eat here, tons of weekend live entertainment, and luxurious get-away and staycation spots, but it's always delightful to keep one foot grounded in the history of Irving's small town roots. This weekend you can experience the 'pursuit of howdyness' at the Irving Main Street Event. You know, it's that friendly steering wheel-anchored wave from a stranger as he passes by, or the excitement of finding a familiar old toy in an antique shop, or especially the freedom of walking around downtown with the family, shopping, free rides, listening to live music and all that makes up an old-fashioned sidewalk bazaar. Visit Main Street Irving this weekend and say howdy to a stranger. It'll plum make ya feel good.
IRVING MAIN STREET EVENT
WHERE: Irving Heritage District, 217 S. Main St. 75060
WHEN: Saturday, September 21 from noon to 6 pm
COST: Free admission, free parking, but bring money for food and shopping
- Hot Sauce Fest, presented by the Irving Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Participants from area restaurants will put their sauces to the test, competing for whose recipe packs the best punch. The contest runs from noon to 5 p.m.
- Home Depot Kids Workshop
- Kids' stage featuring The Morris Brothers
- Strolling entertainment
- Free rides and activities for children
- Food and shopping. Take a stroll and shop for unique gifts for everyone by visiting many of the arts and crafts booths. Also sample a variety of food offerings.
- Manifolds on Main Street Car Show from 11 am - 3 pm. Produced by MSP Car Shows, this full class show features 28 different Trophy Classes and boasts Best of Show Car, Best of Show Truck, Best of Show Motorcycle, Manifolds on Main Best of Show, Toyota of Irving Best of Show and Outstanding Club Participation trophies.
- Live Music on the Main Stage
- TBA Music – A Dallas-based variety band with a perfect blend of folk/pop, soul and original music.
- Northern National – A refreshing spin on today’s alternative rock with smooth, powerful vocals layered over chill beats and intricate guitar riffs make their music undeniably catching.
- Leo Hull & The Texas Blues Machine – Bringing their Texas blues/rock blend to music fans with raucous, high-energy blues, roadhouse romps, searing guitar licks, infectious melodies and a terrific sense of humor.
- Lenny de la Rosa – An up-and-coming Latin pop artist. De la Rosa rose to fame as an actor and then launched his music career in 2018 with the release of his debut album ROSE.
For the rest of the fun events going on this weekend in Irving, visit our website at www.irvingtexas.com/events. While you're out enjoying all that Irving has to offer, be sure to tag us in your posts and stories with #VisitIrving and/or #IrvingRocks. We want to see pictures of you and your friends having fun! And follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay in the know. Enjoy every moment!