Spring is in full swing during the month of April and outdoors is begging you to come and play. Highlighting this month's events is the greatly anticipated return of the PGA TOUR to Irving. Along with the biggest names on the Champions Tour, the ClubCorp Classic is bringing an A-list of celebs, such as Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo and Emmitt Smith. Named by Avid Golfer as one of the Best Country Clubs in 2019, the Las Colinas Country Club is where the action will be. There are many things to explore in Irving during the month of April, so tee off with any one of these ideas below.
THE UPSWING OF OUTDOORS
April 22-24: Irving is back in the swing with the ClubCorp Classic presented by Choctaw Casinos and Resorts. Played at the Las Colinas Country Club, this PGA TOUR Champions and Charles Schwab Cup event will feature a star-studded field of 50 celebrity golfers competing alongside 78 PGA TOUR Champions and professionals. There's even a ProAm for 10 amateur players who earn a spot to play. With a purse of $2 million, along with the celebrities in a separate $500,000 competition, you can't miss the excitement of this inaugural year championship. Tickets to the ClubCorp Classic are $35 - $75, but you can score a 15% discount by using the promo code IRVING when you check out on Ticketmaster.
To kick off the ClubCorp Classic, join multi-platinum country music superstar Cole Swindell at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory on April 19 at 8 p.m. Tickets to the concert are $34 - $64+.
Multisport National Championships
April 28-May 1: Another inaugural event takes place at Levy Event Plaza with the 2022 Multisport National Championships Festival. The sport's multiple race formats include six National Championship events including a triathlon, run-bike-run, swim-run, swim-bike, super sprint triathlon and an age group relay. All abilities are invited to race and no qualification is required for the non-championship Olympic-distance triathlon and open water swim competition. Visit the USA Triathlon website to learn more.
It's no longer a secret that Irving showcases some of the best tunes in Texas ... and beyond. Live music has become the heartbeat of the city where you can eat, visit, dance or just chill to some great tunes. Click on these live music venues in Irving to find out where your favorite band or DJ is performing this month.
The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
- Blaze Brazilian Steakhouse
- Bruno's Ristorante Seafood and Steaks
- Green Gator at Toyota Music Factory
- Mercy Bar and Lounge at Toyota Music Factory
- Michael's of Las Colinas
- Reservoir at Toyota Music Factory
- Rey's Restaurant & Sports Bar
- Southern Junction
- Texas Lottery Plaza at Toyota Music Factory
- The Ginger Man at Water Street
- The Ranch at Las Colinas
- Two Mules Cantina
UPSTAGED AND FULL OF DRAMA
Irving Arts Center3333 N MacArthur Blvd | 972.252.7558
As diverse as its namesake, the Irving Arts Center offers so many different experiences, such as stage plays, ballets, symphonies, art exhibits and even a peaceful sculpture garden to explore. Check out the events offered this month at the Irving Arts Center.
- April 6-21 (select dates): MainStage Irving Las Colinas presents ENCHANTED APRIL
- April 7: ViVA Trio - three Sopranos creating cinematic soundscapes and three-part harmony
- April 15-16: Momentum Dance Company presents CARNIVAL OF THE ANIMALS
- April 16: Las Colinas Symphony Orchestra presents RYAN ESTES, OBOIST
HIPPITY HOPPITY EASTER'S ON ITS WAY
Gather the family and celebrate Easter with these fun events.
- April 1-16 (daily): Have your picture taken with the Easter Bunny at Irving Mall. Photo packages range from $34.99 - $44.99. Hours vary by date.
- April 9: Grab a basket and head for the City-wide Easter Egg Hunt for children ages 2-10 at a recreation center near you: Cimmaron Park, Georgia Farrow, Lee Park, Mustang Park, Northwest Park or Senter Park. Click on each location for detailed information.
- April 17: Hop over to these restaurants for an "eggs"cellent Easter Brunch Buffet. Be sure to call ahead for reservations.
- Blaze Brazilian Steakhouse
- Lamberti's Ristorante & Wine Bar
- LAW Restaurant at Four Seasons Resort & Club
- Loft Kitchen at NYLO Las Colinas
- The Ranch
- Via Real
OOH! OOH! PICK ME! PICK ME!
The whole family is invited to the On Stage at Heritage Series at Irving's historic Heritage Park and sound stage on Friday, Apr. 8 at 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. It's a free monthly celebration of music, trivia, comedy, car shows and more! This month at 6:30 p.m., teams of six will try their best to answer "Animated Movie" trivia questions. Then at 7:15 p.m., get ready for some "Weird" trivia - you know, those little known facts that you seem to remember better than what you had for lunch yesterday. Yeah, who knew that knowledge would come in handy? Eat dinner before or after at area restaurants or grab a bite from one of the on-site food trucks. There are picnic tables near the playground area.
THE BLUEBONNETS ARE BURSTING WITH COLOR!
With April showers and warmer weather, our Texas Bluebonnets are coming to life around town. These bells of the ball gather together in several places in Irving just waiting for you to take a selfie. For more information where the best bunches of blue can be found, visit the Irving, Texas Bluebonnets Guide. Be sure to check the areas often because these little bursts of color pop up overnight.
Irving is full of life, just like April is full of new opportunities to enjoy the city. Hop to it and plan your month full of new adventures in Irving, Texas.
Photo credit of Dallas blogger Mrs. Bella Maria at the Texican Court Hotel: @mrs_bella_maria