While it might not feel like fall in the great state of Texas just yet, we’re starting to turn our attention away from the summer heat and dream instead of cooler days. Explore some of the exciting things to do in Irving in September below.
September 1 - 7
Saturday, September 1
- Take a step back in time at the Classic Car Cruise In at Irving’s Big State Fountain Grill. Sip a malt, order a burger, and admire classic cars like it’s 1958.
Sunday, September 2
- Plan to go on a free tour of the historic Irving Heritage House beginning at 3 p.m., and receive a complimentary copy of the Irving history book "Rails to Wings" by Norma Stanton. This restored pioneer home has been designated as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.
Wednesday, September 5
- Join Taco Diner in Las Colinas for an unforgettable tequila tasting and margarita class! Learn from tequila experts as you taste three different Don Julio tequilas and learn how to make the perfect margarita.
September 8 - 14
Saturday, September 8
- Taste your way along the stalls and tents at the Irving Farmers Market. Offered every Saturday, the market is a special way to explore the bounty of North Texas farms. Plan to buy some fresh fruit and veggies for later, or spend the morning munching on local pastries. Enjoy artisanal goods and live music at this uniquely Irving experience.
Sunday, September 9
- Sign up for a free guided gallery tour at the Irving Arts Center. Taking one of these insightful tours is the perfect way to explore one of Irving’s premiere cultural gems, learn about the center’s current exhibits, and spend some time cooling off indoors. Can’t make it this day? Don’t worry, guided tours are offered every Sunday and Thursday.
Wednesday, September 12
- Who doesn’t love a good karaoke night? Get over to Champps Kitchen & Bar to sing your heart out. Bring your friends, grab a table, and snag your spot in line to belt out your favorite songs—in perfect tune, of course.
September 15 - 21
Sunday, September 16
- Looking for some family fun? Come out to the Texas Lottery Plaza at Toyota Music Factory for games followed by a feature film—the classic, "Ghostbusters"—courtesy of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema at Pix on the Plaza. Bring a comfy blanket or some chairs and enjoy the show. Pets are welcome.
Monday, September 17
- Just because it’s Monday doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yourself. At least that’s what the folks at Cool River Cafe believe. Head to this local hot-spot for Margarita Monday and enjoy drink specials—including $5 margaritas—all day!
September 22 - 30
Saturday, September 22
- Hosted by the Young Black Entrepreneurs Networking and Development Group, Network and Chill is more than just a networking event. From 7 to 9 p.m., exchange business cards with other young professionals; and from 9 p.m. on, there will be board games, cards, darts, ping pong, and music. The event will be held at Avocado Restaurant & Lounge.
Saturday, September 22-Sunday, September 23
- The two-day OP Live Dallas schedule will be jam packed with non-stop competitions and activities, opportunities to meet popular pro players, cosplayers and more. Learn more and get your tickets.
Monday, September 24
- Looking for some fall inspiration? Bring your calendars and join Michelle Ames, author of "Having Fun in the Texas Sun," at the Irving Public Library - Valley Ranch. Here, she will discuss some of the fall season's best festivals, day trips, pumpkin patches, and "haunted" places in North Texas.
Wednesday, September 26
- For a little friendly trivia, spend a night with the Geeks Who Drink, hosted at the Vetted Well at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. These pub quizzes are held every Wednesday at 8 p.m. and offer prizes and lots of laughs.
- To help celebrate a local cause, make it a night at the Helping Hands Happy Hour at La Cima Club as they honor the Irving Schools Foundation. The event is free, and you can enjoy a complimentary welcome beverage of beer or wine as well as complimentary hors d'oeuvres.
Saturday, September 29
- FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE are an English indie rock band from London whose music received praise across the media, especially from the BBC. They've received the Brit Awards "Critics' Choice" award. They're known for their dramatic and eccentric production and also vocalist Florence Welch's powerful performances. Check them our at the Toyota Music Factory.
- Did you know there's LIVE music every Friday and Saturday night in the Texas Lottery Plaza at Toyota Music Factory? Sets are usually from 6-7:30 p.m. and 10:30-11:30 p.m. Enjoy Danni and Kris playing on the 29th.