The family friendly Main Street Event returns better than ever! This year’s event will take place from noon to 6 p.m. Sept. 21 in Irving’s Heritage District, 217 S. Main St.
Organizers plan to heat things up this year with the Irving Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Hot Sauce Fest. Participants from area restaurants will put their sauces to the test, competing for whose recipe packs the best punch. The contest runs from noon to 5 p.m.
New this year is the Perot Museum Tech Truck. The mobile extension of the Perot Museum brings science, technology, engineering, art and math themed exhibits to children across North Texas. Visitors will have the chance to participate in a number of hands-on activities and lessons.
Organizers also have food vendors, local artisans and a kids’ area for visitors to enjoy. Some other new features include:
- Home Depot Kids Workshop - Kids’ stage featuring the Morris Brothers - Strolling entertainment - And the always popular Manifolds on Main Street Car Show will return this year. Registration will begin at 10 a.m. Sept. 21, and everyone is welcome. The show is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- TBA Music – A Dallas-based variety band with a perfect blend of folk/pop, soul and original music.
- Northern National – A refreshing spin on today’s alternative rock with smooth, powerful vocals layered over chill beats and intricate guitar riffs make their music undeniably catching.
- Leo Hull & The Texas Blues Machine – Bringing their Texas blues/rock blend to music fans with raucous, high-energy blues, roadhouse romps, searing guitar licks, infectious melodies and a terrific sense of humor.
- Lenny De La Rosa – An up-and-coming Latin pop artist. De La Rosa rose to fame as an actor and then launched his music career in 2018 with the release of his debut album ROSE.