Irving is celebrating the 2017 Bike to Work Week, May 15-19, by hosting the seventh annual Bicycle Fest:
Bicycle Fest focuses on providing a free opportunity for event attendees to learn more about bicycling in and around the Irving area. Attendees receive general bicycling information, safe routes for commuter bicycling, transit options for commuting throughout DFW, basic on-the-spot bicycle checks and information about bicycling gear.
In addition, the day is filled with entertainment and activities, including:
• Live music by the North Lake College Jazz Band and Texas Sky
• Food trucks
• Kids’ Bicycle Safety Rodeo (bicycle and helmet required to participate)
• Free helmets (must qualify, while supplies last)
• Bicycle check-up station
• Group ride (email firstname.lastname@example.org to register)
• Solar Shuttle (learn about solar energy)
Be sure to visit the Marketplace, where attendees can:
• Purchase handmade goods from local artisans.
• Experience hands-on opportunities to learn about earth sciences.
• Just sit back and let the youngsters play games, including a giant Jenga. There’s something for everyone.