The City of Irving opened this small park in April of 2009. It has covered playground, pavilions, picnic tables, benches, walking trails, and quiet places along a busy street. It does not have a parking lot. There is a small creek that runs through the park. It is located at 1001 S. MacArthur Blvd., but you’ll have park on a side street and walk into the park.
The park is named after Timothy Lee Markwood who volunteered many hours in service to Irving children. He was very active in Irving Boys Baseball Association and spent many hours working with the baseball association to put together and operate their program in the river bottoms. Tim worked with city staff on the plans to improve all the baseball fields and was a great liaison for boys baseball. Later he was appointed to the Park Board and served as Chairman for several terms. He was a tireless supporter of Parks and Recreation and a champion for the ongoing improvements to the park system.