In 2002, a memorial was created to honor all Civil War veterans of both armies, who lived, owned property, were active members of a church, or were buried within northeast Tarrant County any time after April 1, 1861. Men who served during wartime on the frontier west of this area fighting the Comanches and Kiowas were also included. Currently, there are more than 500 soldiers who have been verified. The Memorial was originally in Colleyville but moved to Bedford. It is located next to the historic Bedford Cemetery on land belonging to the Bedford Church of Christ.
The memorial is made up of eight pieces of Georgia gray granite, more than four tons of stone. The Northeast Tarrant Count Civil War Memorial is open daily from dawn to dusk with parking at the Bedford Church of Christ.