DAYTONA BEACH, FLA. (April 16, 2015) – The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) is taking over the Dallas Fort-Worth metroplex area in just two weeks for the Volunteers of America North Texas Shootout April 27-May 3, 2015. Las Colinas Country Club will play host to a talented field including World No. 1 Lydia Ko and defending champion Stacy Lewis, who looks to make it back-to-back titles in her home state.
FACTS ABOUT THE FIELD
- Features seven of the top 10 players in the Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings
- Features 16 of the top 20 Rolex Women’s World Golf Rankings
- Seven players in the field already have a win in 2015 (Na Yeon Choi, Sei Young Kim, Lydia Ko, Inbee Park, Amy Yang, Hyo Joo Kim, and Cristie Kerr)
- Four Texas Universities are represented (Texas Christian University, Texas Tech University, University of Texas, and University of Texas El Paso)
- Seven Texas natives will be in the field
- Two high school golfers and two college golfers have the opportunity to play with the pros; the amateurs earn their spots into the field from 2 qualifying shootouts
- The Shootout is has a double-cut format; first cut following the second-round at 70 and ties, and the second cut will be the top-50 and ties following the third-round Saturday
About Volunteers of America
Volunteers of America is a national, nonprofit, faith-based organization dedicated to helping those in need live healthy, safe and productive lives. Since 1896, our ministry of service has supported and empowered America’s most vulnerable groups, including veterans, seniors, people with disabilities, at-risk youth, men and women returning from prison, homeless individuals and families, those recovering from addictions and many others. Through hundreds of human service programs, including housing and health care, Volunteers of America helps more than 2 million people in over 400 communities. Our work touches the mind, body, heart and ultimately the spirit of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services. Learn more at www.voa.org.
About the LPGA
The LPGA is the world’s leading professional golf organization for women. Founded in 1950, the association celebrates a diverse and storied membership with more than 2,300 members representing 30 different countries. With a Vision to inspire, empower, educate and entertain by showcasing the very best of women’s golf, LPGA Tour Professionals compete across the globe, while dedicated LPGA Teaching and Club Professionals (T&CP) directly impact the game through teaching, coaching and management. The Symetra Tour consistently produces a pipeline of talent ready for the world stage. The LPGA is headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Follow the LPGA on its television home, Golf Channel, and on the web via: www.LPGA.com, www.facebook.com/lpga, www.twitter.com/lpga, and www.youtube.com/lpgavideo.
**To apply for credentials please visit: lpgamediacredentials.com
About Irving, Texas
Located immediately adjacent to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and between Dallas and Fort Worth, Irving, Texas, boasts more than 75 hotels and nearly 12,000 rooms. Las Colinas, a 12,000-acre master-planned community within the city of Irving, is known worldwide for its quality and uniqueness. The city is home to 10,000+ companies, 50 Fortune 500 companies, and the world headquarters of five Fortune 500 companies. Visit irvingtexas.com or connect with the Irving Convention and Visitors Bureau on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for latest news, upcoming events, area travel ideas and more information.