The Heritage District in Irving was the first area designed by city founders J.O. Schulze and Otis Brown in 1903 on 80 acres of land. The former railroad town has seen numerous changes since, but continues to preserve the city's historic influences.
Visitors to the Heritage District in Irving can shop in colorful antique shops and dine at a classic soda shop and pharmacy, all in a relaxing small town square atmosphere.
Heritage House was built in 1912, and is one of Irving's oldest homes. Nearby Heritage Park (Main at Second) features an historic train depot.